Etiquette - At social events what is time off and what is not


At social events what is time off and what is not
When at social events (rodeos, etc.) this is normally considered a governesses time off, so don't assume that she is a full-time Nanny.  If you would like her to mind the kids for more than 30 minutes constant care, then let her know before what you expectations are.

I find when at events like this I am happy to help the kids find parents, buy drinks or little things if they come up and ask.  I also reprimand if they are doing something very dangerous.  But I don’t want them hanging around me, I would rather see them off with their own friends.  Anymore than this is working for me and I don’t drink when I work.

I enjoy employers who are upfront about expectations. I am willing to be flexible when the need arises.  It makes it a lot easier to know where I stand.  


No comments:

Post a Comment