- What do you do all day?
- Do you like it?
- What about socialization?
- Do you like being with your kids all day?
- Aren’t you afraid they will miss out?
1) What we do all through the school day is learn. Simple as that. We create a learning environment tailered to the children. When the school day finishes we then sit down and prepare for the next.
2) I love it. Working one on one with children and yet getting to experience life in the outback at one with nature. Very rewarding.
3) With all the school events, community social events and neighbourhood get togethers sometimes it feels I just need a weekend at home. That is not to say after a long day at work I wish I had mates right there. Thats when I get on facebook, twitter, my blog, phone or email and communicate with my mates.
4) Not always but I love the kids no matter what. Living 24-7 with you work family can be tough but it is also rewarding. There are times when you need to step back and at times like that you head out for the weekend.
5) What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. That has been drilled into me. What they miss out on in one respect they get more of in another.
What are the most annoying questions about homeschool or living in the bush
that you’ve been asked?